Friday, April 25, 2008

boy or girl...

i have been doing my "research" on gender prediction tests and old wives tales that predict gender.


I have been craving sweets (like crazy!!!) = girl

Unfortunately I have had a great deal of acne = girl

I have had more than my fair share of "Morning/All day" Sickness = girl

I am carrying high and all over = girl (yes i am showing already, gimme a break it is my fourth)

I do not feel like a glowing pregnant woman at all. My hair and complexion just look yucky = girl

Although, I have only heard it one time, Baby's heart rate is in the high 150s = girl

The Chinese Calendar says the baby is a boy, although my date of conception could vary by one day and that would put me in the next month which = a girl.

The Mayan tale - if the age and the year of conception are both even or both odd you are having a girl. If one of the numbers is even and one is odd - you are having a boy. Mine are both even which = a girl.

I did the ring on a string and the needle on a string test on myself and it was really heard to tell which way it was going. I think it was going in a circle. And then when I looked up what that meant, I found differing answers to that some sites said circle is a girl, some sites said circle is a boy -- so I have no clue?

all three of my kids and jamil all have the same instinct that this baby is a girl! sometimes. jordyn will say a boy. but lately she changed back to a girl. joshua has been saying for weeks i know it is a girl, i really want a boy, but God told me it was a girl. jamil really thinks it is a girl. he has had a dream about a baby girl, right before we found out we were pregnant. jesiah always has said girl or baby sister.

as for me, i am just not sure i trust my instinct, since i was wrong with jesiah. even though i was right with the other two. but my instinct says it is a girl. a girl would be easier as far as room arrangements. which really is a big deal. i just don't know how we would room three boys and a girl - i don't know what that would look like. but i know God has chosen us to be a family for this baby and He knows the plans. whichever he has chosen for us will be the family He made for us.

and as long as the baby cooperates we will know in 24 days if we will be having a boy or a girl. and then we can see if our instinct and the gender prediction tests were right or wrong!!!

0 comments: