Friday, July 18, 2008

hair or no hair???

with my other three pregnancies, i had heart burn and acid reflux. i remember it being pretty bad. even with my first pregnancy, my friend amy remembers me carrying around a big bottle of tums. with my second pregnancy, i took zantac or pepcid. with my third, my midwife gave me a prescription for an acid reducer. taking these meds was the only thing that gave me comfort.

for this fourth pregnancy, i started having it right around the end of the morning sickness, so going into my second trimester i had a lot of heart burn. i even got a prescription from my midwife. the prescription was outrageously priced - and amy suggested i try the over the counter prilosec. i used that for two weeks and felt much much better. now i rarely have any discomfort and when i do i just take a prilosec and feel better.

so i was thinking about the old wive's tale with heartburn... and wondering if having heartburn has anything to do with the amount of hair baby has... all three of my previous newborns have had a lot of hair...and i had a lot of heartburn. so i wonder if baby jaelyn will have way less hair or be bald??? here is some pictures of each of my babies...


Joshua 10/00



Jordyn 7/03




Jesiah 3/05


Looking at all three of their pictures shows me how much they looked alike as newborns.

0 comments: