Tuesday, April 28, 2009

still not working...

for many many nights straight we let jaelyn cry it out. we would let her cry for about 20 minutes at a time before going in to soother her. trying really hard not to pick her up. usually i would send jamil in. although, that seemed to make her really, really mad and she would cry harder. we really really tried to be consistent and not pick her up. and in the middle of the night for several nights in a row she would fuss and scream for like 4o minutes and i didn't go to her because it was on and off and not consistent.

trying to get her to go to sleep on her own and then putting herself to back to sleep on her own are still a challenge. i decided after like ten nights straight to give it a break, because i just couldn't take it anymore. i needed to sleep. so on the first night of that decision, she slept well without waking at all. the next night, not so well, so i brought her into bed with me. and now she has a fever and a cold, i certainly can not let her cry it out when she is sick and not feeling well. she can't breathe very well and crying will just make it so much worse. the first night of her cold, she slept great. last night, not so well again. she she cuddled with me.

once she is feeling better, we will start it all over again. the crying it out. i think. unless i find something that works better.

1 comments:

Robinsonfam said...

I found something that worked for Lathan. This weekend he slept through the night and of course I ran in there at 5am thinking the worse and it was pitch black.....I forgot to turn the night lite on the night before and I think in the past when he woke up and it was so bright he woke all the way up. I did keep a night lite in his room, I just got a very dim one and it has really helped. Just a thought...I've never let mine cry it out for long, I always give in. Good luck. It will end soon and you'll miss it.